Перчатки с ПВХ Компания Профессионал. . cryptorobot . Fast Usapaydayloans.info best payday loans usa view here usapaydayloans.info

City data

Date of establishment: Since 1000 BC, known as Odessos
Time zone: GMT +2, In summer GMT +3
Total area: 234 км?
Population: 366 837 inhabitants
Restaurants and cafes: Numerous in town
Cuisine: Bulgarian, Mediterranean
Shopping: Stores and boutiques in town
Normal opening hours: 0930 - 2000
Popular souvenirs: Rose oil, ceramics and embroidery.

Read more

 

Port data

Official port name: Port of Varna
Location: 43°12’ N, 27°55’ E
Address: 1 Slaveikov Square, Varna 9000, Bulgaria
Telephone: +359 52 692232
Fax: +359 52 632953
E-mail: headoffice@port-varna.bg
VTS channel: 16/11
ISPS 24h contact: +359 52 632953
Web: www.port-varna.bg

Read more

 

Cruise ship-calling schedule

 

City map

Varna, Bulgaria


Print E-mail


In 681 the city was revived by the great Bulgarian Khan Asparuh. By this time dated the first mention and recognition in the Byzantine chronicles of the name Varna. In the realm of Old Bulgaria Varna was an important center of Christianity and commerce, had relations with Constantinople, Dubrovnik, Venice and Genoa.

In 1391 Varna was conquered by the Ottoman army, and only on July 28, 1878 it was finally freed by Russian troops.

Varna necropolis was discovered accidentally when laying cable in the industrial area. Further excavations amazed archaeologists. More than 3000 items were found in a virgin burial. The findings were dated to the last V century BC. These findings are highly competitive to Egyptian ones.

Another unexplained and mysterious phenomenon is located 18 km away from Varna and covers an area of 7 km ?. The fanciful formed columns of 10 m height and a width of 3 m suggested of limestone origin hollow or filled with sand. Such formation is unique in the world and scientists still have not reached a consensus regarding its origin. Proponents of organic theory say that its a coral reefs and the plain is the ocean bottom, which was here 50 million years ago. From 1938 the Reserve is under the patronage of UNESCO.